An overview of things I use, learning resources and inspirations. I personally love learning about other people's setups so I figured having a listing like this would be interesting to some
- Speakers: Genelec 4010a, Presonus E8 XT & Presonus T10
- Interface: Motu Ultralite AVB, Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK Mixer
- Headphones: Sennheiser HD 650, Sennheiser HD25, Sony WH-1000 (for non studio things)
- Drum machines: Elektron Octatrack mki, Elektron Octatrack mki, Elektron Analog Rytm mki, Elektron Machinedrum SPS1-UW
- Synthesizers: Elektron Monomachine, Elektron Analog Four
- Microphones: Shure sm57, Shure sm58, Aston Spirit, Aston Stealth
- Modular: Mostly Mutable stuff but also some bits I've managed to get used here and there.
- Thinkpad x280 (Windows 11, main work laptop)
- Thinkpad T470 (Ubuntu)
- Thinkpad T420 (Manjaro i3)
- Ideapad Gaming 3 (Windows 11, main studio laptop)
- Ableton Live 11
*I like to keep things simple and stick with certain design philosophies that inspire me, which is why I mostly use products from the same manufacturers. Most notable of which is Elektron and Mutable Instruments which have been particularly helpful in teaching me about the relationship between design philosophy and electronic music.
*I got all of these used and love having them around for different purposes
*Ableton Live is my DAW of choice because it's what I learned first but I really enjoy using Reaper for mixing and editing and Max for exploring systems and Ideas. I'm still very new at Supercollider but I'm hoping it will click for me soon